THE OSM THOME MARITIME LEADERS’ ACADEMY
The OSM Thome Maritime Leaders’ Academy encourages a practical and pragmatic approach to learning. Our courses are created using a competence management approach where each course is developed to fulfill a specific competence standard.
Trainees are encouraged and motivated to think about how to exceed customer expectations. To support this, OSM Thome MLA needs to be agile in adopting different learning methodologies and technologies to be able to deliver quality training to our seafarers wherever they may be. That’s why we have developed several interesting courses that can be taken in our virtual classroom.
A virtual classroom is an online learning environment that allows for live interaction between the learners and the facilitator/ instructor as they are participating in learning activities.
The OSM Thome Maritime Leaders’ Academy, also known as “MLA”, “Leaders Academy”, “OSM Training Center”, “OSM Academy” or “Thome Academy”, is considered a central pillar of our organizational success. The training and supply of competent seafarers are at the very heart of OSM Thome’s high-quality management system and are key to ensuring the safe and economical operation of today’s vessels.
With our comprehensive knowledge and experience, MLA covers the entire maritime industry. We use our Internal Training platforms to uphold our commitment to the continuous development of our employee’s knowledge and skills, to ensure that they are highly capable and compliant with necessary regulatory requirements.
We use our state-of-the-art facilities to deliver a range of programmes, not only to give employees the necessary skills and competencies required to maintain the safe and efficient operation of modern vessels but to also help them get the most out of their careers, both onshore and offshore.
MLA encourages a practical and pragmatic approach to learning. Our courses are created using a competence management approach. Our Leaders’ Academy produces competent Seafarers of maritime leadership through maritime learning.
Trainees of the Maritime Leaders’ Academy are encouraged to think about how to exceed customer expectations, OSM Thome offers trainees interactive programs, blending theory with practical activities, using real-life case studies and hands-on training to provide them with the tools and techniques needed for success.
MLA recognizes the importance of effective learning and proper development for producing, competent seafarers. Our training standards ensure that our seafarers can operate customers’ vessels successfully according to customer requirements and quality standards set forth by international regulations.
COMPETENCE is what matters!
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution.
At OSM Thome, we ensure that our Academy trainees possess the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the job successfully. We are committed to developing their competencies so that each trainee can greet new environments with calm and confidence.
SETTING HIGH BENCHMARKS
Since day one, OSM Thome has set high benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement of our people and our processes. Our commitment to continuous improvement of our courses and offerings marks our dedicated approach to knowledge and competence development. Our company is monitoring the industry closely to provide the competencies that enable our teams to perform at the highest level in terms of both technical and safety practices.
WHAT COURSES DOES THE MARITIME LEADERS’ ACADEMY OFFER?
The OSM Thome Maritime Leaders’ Academy produces competent Seafarers of maritime leadership through maritime learning.
Engineering and Maintenance System
- Advance Electrical Course
- Electro-Hydraulic and Pneumatic for Marine Application
- Engine Room Basics
- Engine Room Simulator Assessment for Management
- Global Sulphur Cap 2020
- Instrumentation and Process Control Engineering
- Maintenance of Oil Record Book Part 1
- Maintenance of Oil Record Book Part 2
- Marine Boiler Safety and Operation
- Marine Electro-Technology
- Marine Refrigeration
- TM Master Version 2 (Blended)
- TM Master Version 2 (Full iLearn)
- TM Master Version 2 (with validity)
Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Protectio
- An Introduction to Mental Health First Aid
- An Introduction to Mental Health First Aid (TMS)
- Anti-Piracy Preparedness and Response
- Basic Heart and Lung Rescue and Revival
- CMS iLearn Compendium
- CMS iLearn Compendium Lite
- Code of Safe Working Practices
- Cyber Security Awareness for Seafarers
- Environmental Compliance and Commitment
- Financial Crime Policy
- How to Ensure Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Improvement Reporting Information System 3 (IRIS 3) User Guide
- Incident Investigation
- Intro to Shell Partners for Safety
- Introduction to General Data Protection Regulation
- Introduction to General Data Protection Regulation and Data Privacy Act of 2012
- Introduction to Total Quality Management System
- LSC Shipboard Safe Working Practices
- Management of Rest and Work Hours
- OSM Australia Induction
- PEOS / HR – Global
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Course for Junior Officers
- Risk Management for Senior Officers
- Safe and Unsafe Acts and Conditions
Leadership and Human Element
- Building Resilience
- Command and Commercial Management for Ship Master and Chief Officer
- Communication and Influencing Skills
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Cross-Cultural Communication (TMS)
- Cultural Awareness Training – Hurtigruten
- Decision Making
- Eliminating Shipboard Harassment and Bullying
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Maritime Resource Management
- Reflective Learning
- Results Focus
- Safety Performance and Human Element
- Situation Awareness
- Work Attitude Values Enhancement (WAVE)
Navigation and Cargo
- Ballast Water Management
- Bridge Equipment Familiarization
- Collision Avoidance Course
- IDUN Bridge and Ship Handling
- Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator Course (Oil)
- Navigation for Officers
- Ship Handling for Management
- Special Training Program for New Third Officers – Practical Shipboard Activity
- TECDIS Refresher
- Dynamic Positioning – Basic
- Dynamic Positioning – Advance
- ROV Introductory Course
Oil and Gas
- Advanced Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker for Ratings
- Tanker 101
- Advanced Housekeeping
- Basic Food Safety and Hygiene
- Catering Planning and Costing
- Catering Training and Assessment for Messman
- Food Safety and Hygiene (Portuguese Version)
- Food Safety and Hygiene E-Learning Refresher Course
- International Cuisine European
- International Cuisine Japanese
- Nutrition and Health Awareness
- Nutrition and Health Awareness (Portuguese Version)
- OSERV Catering Operational Standards Training
Innovation in Learning (iLearn)
Our Learning Management System platform, iLearn provides the capability to manage and administer e-learning modules that supplements the training activities of the seafarers. iLearn’s real-time reporting is a flexible and scalable system that is cost-effective in delivering competence training and assessment tracking that is available at anytime and anywhere.
The OSM Thome Academy produces competent Seafarers of maritime leadership through maritime learning!
Maritime Leaders’ Academy
+632 8523 8871
What does MLA stand for?
MLA stands for OSM Thome’s “Maritime Leaders Academy”, based in the Philippines.
What is the OSM academy?
The term “OSM academy”, often searched on Google, refers to OSM Thome’s Maritime Leaders Academy.