LAY UP MANAGEMENT
OSM Thome provides hot and cold ship lay-up solutions by trained professionals and will care for your vessel during the lay-up period to ensure optimal vessel performance when reactivated.
There are two basic criteria that the lay-up program is designed to meet:
1. Maintain the security, safety, and protection of the ship, crew, and environment.
2. Preserve and maintain the structure and machinery by providing protection against corrosion and static seizure to an extent to which a vessel’s owner will accept.
SHIP LAY-UP SERVICE HIGHLIGHTS
• The procedure aims for the ship’s preservation and maintenance.
• It provides security and protection to the environment.
• We manage the preparation procedures from the time of the ship’s arrival at the lay-up facility, deactivation, and eventually for the vessel’s reactivation.
• It is a customized solution to meet each owner’s requirements, including identifying suitable locations and a prescribed lay-up program.
SHIP COLD LAY-UP
The main points you need to know about cold lay-up management:
• Typically for a duration of more than 12 months.
• The machinery is taken out of service and the vessel is kept “electrically dead”.
• The operational cost during cold lay-up is considered low.
• Good planning and competency will enable valid vessel certificates for up to 12 months.
SHIP HOT LAY-UP
The main points you need to know about hot lay-up management:
• Typical for a duration of up to 12 months.
• Hot lay-up is ideal for quick market recoveries, as the vessel is kept in a fully functional state.
• To ensure fast recommissioning, during hot lay-up, the machinery is kept in operational status and the trading certificates are kept current. Measures are taken to optimize operational costs, such as reducing manning but still at a safe minimum level, acceptable by authorities.
• Re-activation cost is lower.